Sunday, September 30, 2012

Long Time No Blog

It has been over a year since my last blog.  Guess there wasn't much to talk about . . . and still nothing to talk about.  Sad, huh?  Welcome to my exciting life.  It's not so bad, really.  I love my husband of mumbledy-nine years.  I have a job I love, working for a guy I've enjoyed working with since 1984 (yeah, almost everyone I know wasn't even born then).  I enjoy helping my Mom, even though I know I could never pay her back for all she has done for me.  My furbabies are all getting old . . . lost Rosie four months ago.  Buddy just turned 15.  Tootie will be 19 if she lives another three months, but I have doubts about that happening.  

I love my Church.  I love singing the praise songs.  I love going to The In-Betweens Bible Class.  The name is because we are between retirement and the grave . . . LOL!  Seriously, many of the members are beyond retirement, but some are my age and even younger.  I'm not far from retirement myself.  

My house is a wreck.  Every weekend I think I should do something.  Every weekend I can't decide what to do, and decide that it has lasted this long, it can wait another week.  I think about just emptying the house of anything that is not necessary.  It's amazing how much junk can be accumulated in 40 years.  Not all of it is mine.  After the deaths of my Mother-in-law, my Grandmother and my Dad, I acquired boxes of stuff.  At the time it seemed important, but now I'm weighed down with a bunch of stuff I would never have bought but would feel bad about giving it up.  The only things I have from those sources that I really like are:

My Grandmother's treadle sewing machine she sewed my clothes on.
A painting my Dad gave me for Christmas one year.  It is in my living room hanging over his Mother's sewing machine.  A photo of my Mother-In-Law's mother that is in a really interesting frame, hanging in my hallway.  All the other boxes of stuff can go.

Well, it is time to feed Buddy and do things to get ready for work tomorrow.  Time to do stuff.  

I would like to get a couple of parakeets to listen to them tweet and maybe talk.  Or . . . I would like to get an aquarium with a couple schools of small colorful fish to watch.  But, those things need attention and need to be cleaned, and need stuff.  I have too much stuff, not enough time.  

Gotta go do stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment